Sunday, September 3, 2017

Le Chat Noir

The Great in fancy tights.  I tried to get this into my first at exhibit at the Pump House.  I was rather frustrated.  I had informed them of my intent to put it in, but they said because of the high school exhibit also going on it got the ax.  Part of the frustration was I had done this goofy thing where I was sandwhiching them between glass.  I think I was trying to save money as plexi is more expensive.  The result was ridiculously heavy as they were quite large sheets of glass.  It was also bad because when I was putting them together one sheet of glass broke while I was holding it.  My hands were pretty badly cut up.  I had to do the hands over the head thing to get the bleeding to stop.  It was running down my arms.  So anymore I never use regular glass for big images.  Plexi is safer and it is also much lighter.

1 comment: